This month BlogHer’s Nablopomo is all about SELF. They want us to tell about who we are. Sometimes when writing a blog we get so wound up in writing about things, other people and other ideas that we forget about making the reader experience more personal. It’s easier to connect with people when you can make them feel like they are learning about a real person – not just an advertiser, reviewer or promoter.
Today’s prompt is: Tell us five interesting things about yourself. I’m going to tell you five things about me. I’ll let you decide whether or not they are interesting. 😉
- My mother is from Mexico City, Mexico. She was born and raised there. My father met her while on vacation he took on a whim to try and learn Spanish.
- My brother and I speak fluent Spanish. Somehow even though we went to public school and spoke English for most of the time even at home mom made sure we learned.
- Growing up we spent several summers living in Mexico City with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It wasn’t really a vacation (other than the months off school), but it was such a change of pace from rural NW Ohio! Usually the last two weeks we did get to take an actual vacation to the beach. One of my favorites was when I was 15 and we went to a then undiscovered resort area on the Pacific coast of Mexico called Las Bahias de Huatulco.
- Graduated magna cum laude with Bachelor’s Degrees in Information Technology and Business Administration. There are times I wish I had chosen different majors in college, but I appreciate the skills what I learned have provided me.
- Before I had children and started my blogs I worked as an international sales person for a medical products company. The best part about this job was that I had the opportunity to travel all over the US and to Spain, New Zealand, Mexico and Costa Rica to set up show displays and act as an interpreter.
- I am a Jehovah’s Witness.
Well I know I was only supposed to share 5 things, but I couldn’t decide which to leave out so you got a bonus factoid.
What is an interesting fact about you?