I’m a total klutz in the kitchen. There literally are scars all over my hands from knife cuts and grater nicks from regular food prep. The first thing I did with these gloves was take my sharpest knife and run it across the palm and fingers of the gloves (not while I was wearing it though). I was amazed that the blade did not even make a mark. Then I tried a very sharp, very fine microplane. Here is where things got a little dicey and the difference between resistance and fool proof comes into play. The teeny blades of the microplane very clearly started to snag the fibers; this was also the case with serrated knives. It is clear on the package that if the fibers get snagged the gloves need to be replaced immediately. I didn’t push any farther once I saw this beginning to happen.
Running the fingers and palm of the gloves over the front of a regular size cheese grater didn’t damage the gloves in the least. I wouldn’t be brave enough to use these with a mandolin without the blade guard though. In my kitchen they were used for cutting veggies, fruits and meats. They are not lined with latex or neoprene so any juices that come from the food you are prepping will get on your hands. There is enough room to wear disposable gloves either under or over the cut resistant gloves if you feel the need.
As for cleaning, they were easy to machine wash and line dry.
Stark Safe Level 5 Cut Resistant Gloves are available on Amazon.com.
From the company:
– INDUSTRY LEADING QUALITY | 4X stronger than leather with EN388 Level 5 cut resistant protection. This product goes through a 3 stage quality assurance process for protection and peace of mind for our customers.
– SNUG FIT. These gloves are made to be snug for optimal dexterity and grip.
– LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE, COMFORTABLE | Breathes so you can perform tasks without extreme discomfort. Glove fits either left or right hand.
– FOOD SERVICE SAFE | Great anti-bacterial prevention with a protective layer between you and your tools. Made from food grade polyethylene and cutting edge silica based fibers. Great for ALL kitchens, restaurant or home!
– MULTIPLE USES | Great Food preparation and processing, chopping and cutting vegetables, potatoes, meat, poultry. Not recommended for large machine operation.
– WORLD CLASS SERVICE | We believe that you, the customer, should make the final call on product performance. Each one of our customers is provided a safety specialist who will help answer questions, provide care instructions, and make sure you are 100% satisfied! Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.