This post contains affiliate links. Complimentary product was received to facilitate my review.
Can you believe we only have 5 more days in 2014! This year went by so quickly and I know everyone is thinking of their plans for the new year. Wrapping up one year and preparing for the next is always a great time to reflect on what was good and what needs to improve. I must say 2014 was one of the best years for my skin – EVER. You’d think now that I’m in my mid 30s I’d be fretting over how my skin looks instead of lauding how it feels. Well, I’m doing a little of both. My skin is in transition – it’s losing moisture, plumpness and changing in texture. All of these things lead to different and new needs as far as skin care and makeup.
What can you do for your skin to make sure it’s in the best condition no matter what your age?
- Drink plenty of water. No matter how much you moisturize on the outside, if you are dehydrated it will show with bags under your eyes, dullness in your cheeks and skin that dries out much more quickly.
- Eat plenty of green foods, high fiber foods and foods rich in natural fats. Green foods nourish your body from the inside out, provides antioxidants to assist in cell rejuvenation and help remove toxins. High fiber foods also nourish and cleanse by moving bulk through the colon where many toxins build and get stuck if you don’t eat properly. Foods high in monounsaturated and unsaturated fats help to improve cell function. New healthy cells improve your overall well being and natural glow. Green smoothies complete with veggies, fruits, protein powder and nuts or avocado is a great way to get these nutrients all at once.
- Wear sunblock – even in the winter! Whether it’s in your makeup, lotion or a product all it’s own protecting your skin from the Sun’s harmful rays will prevent dark spots, dryness and other damage which could lead to skin cancer. Protected skin is beautiful skin.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. Don’t scrub your face to the point of irritation and redness, but sloughing off the dead skin cells improves the skin’s luminosity and prevents blemishes.
- Moisturize skin even if it’s oily. Even oily blemish prone skin needs moisture. Find a good quality oil free moisturizer to make your skin happy and it may tone down it’s extra sebaceous tendencies.
- Find products which enhance, improve and support your skin’s natural restorative processes. Makeups, serums, lotions, creams, exfoliating treatments, masks and acid peels abound on the market. Do your research and try some different ones until you find a solution that’s right for you.
Thanks to many generous sponsors this year I’ve had the opportunity to learn about and try products to improve my skin. Pure Body Naturals recently sent me a bottle of their Hyaluronic Acid Skin Care Serum for review. I’d shied away from trying just the Hyaluronic Acid Serums because I grew to like the Vitamin C serums on the market. What I discovered is that for the most part the Hyaluronic and Vitamin C serums are practically the same with the difference only in the proportion of ingredients differing. The Pure Body Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum also contains aloe, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. It has a slightly more viscous texture which makes it easy to dispense and apply without worrying about it dripping all over the place. I thought it was very smart of them to send the bottle packed separately from it’s dispensing lid since I’ve had bottles delivered which had the lid either broken or leaking when it arrived. Since this one was capped with a separate lid and shrink wrapped there was no chance of that happening. It blew me away when I tried the serum for the first time. I wasn’t expecting quick results, but the next morning when I looked in the mirror I noticed my pores very much reduced from what they were the night before. I wish I had taken a photo! I use it under my acne treatment products and moisturizer and even though the serum contains ingredients which could dry my skin a bit the greater proportion of hyaluronic acid prevents that from happening.
Look for products which are natural and organic and Made In the USA! Improve your skin and support our national economy at the same time. Put your best face forward in 2015!
I received complimentary product for the purposes of review. No other compensation was received.