I went looking for Albert Einstein quotes after reading one that a tweep I follow had as their tagline. It’s number 2 on the list. It made me feel good in a way. Thanks to Anishpat on HubPages for compiling this list originally.
20) Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
19) The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax
18) Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
17) I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
16) Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.
15) Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
14) All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
13) A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem.
12) Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
11) The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
10) Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
9) Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
8) Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
7) Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
6) Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
5) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
4) God does not throw dice.
3) It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer
2) Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
1) Imagination is more important than knowledge.