“Detox While You Retox” – #Kombucha Cocktails via MyWindowCo.com

Kombucha tea is a fizzy probiotic beverage brewed with either black or green tea and at times flavored. What gives it it’s fizz and health benefits is something called a SCOBY or symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast.  The process of brewing and fermenting is much like that of making beer or hard cider.  Depending on the size of your container and the warmth of the room you can have a fresh batch of kombucha (‘buch, booch or boochie as it’s affectionately called by enthusiasts) in less than 2 weeks.

I want to make a batch for myself so that I can have a continuous supply of this probiotic and B-vitamin rich beverage.  While perusing the internet I found an interesting video about making cocktails with kombucha – instead of soda!  We occasionally like to make Cuba Libres, Margaritas, and other mixed drinks in our house so the idea of making a cocktail that is lower in sugar and has health benefits is appealing.

Check out this interview by Mackenzie Wilson on MyWindowCo.com with the brand ambassador and cocktail experimenter, Sean Engel, for Humm Kombucha of Bend, Oregon –

Sean found out the hard way not to shake kombucha too vigorously. As they warn in the video, no matter how healthy the kombucha is this doesn’t provide any level of excuse to overindulge with any of these cocktails. Drink responsibly, please.

Have you ever tried kombucha?

9 comments for ““Detox While You Retox” – #Kombucha Cocktails via MyWindowCo.com

1. September 25, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Those look so good! I would totally make margaritas with it!
    Shasta recently posted…Casual Fall OutfitMy Profile

2. Cyndie Norell
    September 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I have hard a lot about the benefits of probiotics. I need to check this out.

3. September 25, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Hmmmm very interesting. Whenever I read articles like this I think about how I should probably start turning over to a healthier lifestyle. And instead I eat chocolate cake.
    Erin recently posted…White People ProblemsMy Profile

4. Dov Shapira
    September 25, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I love Kombucha,
    Last year I made it all summer

5. September 25, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Retox – I love it! LOL
    Those look great! There’s nothing I love more than a good mixed drink at the end of the day!
    Mom @ FamiGami recently posted…TRI Video Game Preview (PC)My Profile

6. September 25, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I’ve heard about Kombucha but I’ve never tried it myself. Wonder if I can get it here..
    Joanna Sormunen recently posted…Ecuador’s National Flag DayMy Profile

7. September 25, 2014 at 11:51 pm

The benefits of Kobucha have been documents and the flavor profile of the Kobucha is perfect for a cocktail
    Tom H recently posted…Craft Beer of the Week – Avery Brewing Co. Ellie’s Brown AleMy Profile

8. September 26, 2014 at 12:33 am

I’ve never heard of this before but it seems interesting!
    Tiffany Hathorn recently posted…Plexus Worldwide Does it Better: Getting Plexy in Maui!My Profile

9. September 26, 2014 at 1:40 am

I tried Kombucha once at a food event i attended. It had a very unique flavor.:)