This post contains affiliate links.
Until recently I have been fortunate to not have much in the way of wrinkles on my face or around my eyes. Lately, I’ve noticed more of a concentration of fine lines forming in the delicate skin around my eyes in across the tops of my cheeks. I try to use a daily moisturizer, but it seems the eye area needs special attention.
Valentia Skin Care offered me a complimentary bottle of their True Glow Eye Cream for the purposes of review. Normally, I am a little wary about using eye creams during the day because they tend to make my eye makeup run. This one is supposed to be put on in the morning after cleansing so I followed their instructions. I was surprised that one pump of cream was enough to cover the areas below both eyes and it felt very luscious. Even though it was so moist and hydrating my eye makeup did not run. It has a pleasant citrus scent that makes it usable by women and men alike. The cream does not leave me feeling dewy or shiny,
Since I don’t typically have troubles with puffy eyes or dark circles I can’t comment on it’s efficacy in those areas. What I can say though is I can definitely feel a difference in the overall comfort of my face when I forget to put on this eye cream. Like today, for example, I forgot to apply the True Glow Eye Cream before putting on my makeup and the areas around my eyes felt uncomfortably dry and you could see the fine lines more readily. To me this meant that the cream was actually doing something good.
What does it have in it?
The Valentia True Glow Eye Cream has a formulation of botanical extracts which each serve a different purpose for the delicate skin of the eye area.
Specially selected ingredients work together to achieve optimum results.
– Astaxanthin: A powerful antioxidant that increases moisture levels, smooths fine line and wrinkles, and restores elasticity to the skin.
– Resistem: Natural Plant Stem Cells repair and protect the skin from harsh environmental pollutants and stress related aging.
– Vitamin C: Leaves the skin smooth and visibly brighter for a well-rested and bright eyed look.
– Organic Rosehip Oil: Provides intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Arnica: A key anti-inflammatory agent to the restorative process that works to diminish the appearance of dark circles.
Directions for using Valentia True Glow Eye Cream:
Apply twice daily, morning and night, after cleansing skin. The under eye area is delicate so eye cream should be applied gently.
Using your ring finger, gently dab eye cream in using a patting motion going around the orbital bone and
working inwards toward the bridge of your nose.
I received a complimentary sample in exchange for my honest review. No other compensation was received.