Finding Inspiration for Scrapbooking Organization

There are affiliate links below.

When you are preserving your precious memories you want to make sure that the materials you are using will stand the test of time.  I’ve tried my hand a few times at putting together rudimentary scrapbooks only to have them fall apart because the binder couldn’t take the load.  So, everything has gone back into a box or a folder until I can find a suitable, sturdy album that will handle all the drawings, clipping and pictures I want to add.  With two girls, ages 5 and 8, I have a mega load of drawings that I want to keep to share with them when they get older.  I want them to see how their skills evolved over the years from stick figures and scribbling to beautiful drawings worthy of framing.

My mom has always been better at putting creative frames and collections together than I have ever been.  When I look at all I have to put together it’s like someone has taken a giant eraser and rubbed out any hint of creative juice I had in my head.  Then it all goes back into the box.  I’d really like to put something together before they graduate high school for goodness sake!  A cardboard box is no way to store and share their beautiful creations.  Not to mention it’s something that is just waiting to be eaten by some pest, destroyed by an unseen leak or some other disaster that will have me crying, “Why didn’t I do something about them before!?!”

Like many others in search of inspiration I’ve taken to Pinterest.  Here is a collection of cute cutouts, printouts, binder decorating ideas, layout patterns, stamp patterns and organizational ideas to give my scrapbooking idea some steam –

Heavy Duty Wooden Binder by Spyker Manufacturing

Heavy Duty Wooden Binder by Spyker Manufacturing available on Amazon.com

This is the bad boy that I want to start putting my first scrapbook together in – Heavy Duty Wooden Binder. It’s made out of 1/2″ birch plywood with piano hinges and 3″ binder clips. I like that it is unfinished which means I can stain, paint, emboss or glue whatever I want on it.  Heavy as it is it would be great for work related projects as well like carpet samples, laminate samples, training manuals, photo albums or anything else that requires a reasonable amount of protection and a sturdy binder to hold it all.

Do you enjoy scrapbooking? Where do you get your best inspiration and supplies?

Disclosure: No samples were received nor was any compensation offered for this publication.  Affiliate links are in the content of this site and clicking on them may result in compensation for this blog.

15 comments for “Finding Inspiration for Scrapbooking Organization

1. March 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I am not a scrapbooker, although I think I would really like it. I do collect a lot of scrapbooking materials to make Artist Trading Cards with…I love swapping out art cards that I’ve made with others from around the world. I am not organized with all of my supplies yet, but have started to sort them out in plastic bins that I hope to organize better inside of a dedicated closet.
    Yona Williams recently posted…Gift Idea: Hawaiian Host Gift Baskets and Gift SetsMy Profile

2. March 4, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Awe! I love the wood binder. I started scrapbooking before, but didn’t follow trough. I love the creativeness and the fun scrapbooking can do and there are tons of things that you can buy now to make those lovely scrapbooks. Great way to preserve all those great photos and memories.

3. March 4, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I never did any scrapbooking but I want to teach my niece about this and I really find articles like this very helpful.
    cococute life recently posted…How to make Kamias Fruit CandyMy Profile

4. Amy
    March 4, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I tried scrapbooking ages ago and lost patience. But there are so many great digital options out there now that I should probably give it another try!
    Amy recently posted…Before Legoland Florida? Cypress Gardens Still Impresses!My Profile

5. March 4, 2014 at 10:39 pm

That’s one of the benefits of going digital. All you need is an External Hard Drive and the ability to create folders to be organized. It was one of the problems I always had when I did paper scrapping.

Cindy
    from NaBloPoMo
    Cindy recently posted…Writing VoiceMy Profile

6. March 4, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I have never seen a wooden binder before. I love that.
    Michelle F. recently posted…One Month and Two Weeks DownMy Profile

7. March 4, 2014 at 11:01 pm

I’ve always wanted to scrapbook, but just never seemed creative enough, patient enough, organized enough, or just had the time. :/
    Donna recently posted…Making a Statement with Majestical Jewelry #sponMy Profile

8. March 5, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I have such a hrs time finding the time to scrapbook but I loved archivers inc when I was scrapping
    Samantha recently posted…Mourning The PreMommy YouMy Profile

9. March 6, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I still haven’t done this for 2013, and I feel so guilty to have all those pics and memories overlooked 🙁
    Penelope recently posted…To Our Health @LoveMySilkMy Profile

10. March 7, 2014 at 4:16 am

I love scrapbooking but since having my son {and now a baby, too} I haven’t had much time to do it. I have a ton of supplies just sitting there waiting for me in the garage.
    Shell Feis recently posted…A New Baby, A Bad Gig & A Girls’ Night Out on Private Lives of Nashville WivesMy Profile

11. March 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm

These are great ideas. I just got done organizing my craft stuff last weekend, and it is so much nicer now.
    Kathleen recently posted…Quick and Easy St. Patrick’s Day Candy PopsMy Profile

• March 9, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Feels good to get organized. I tend to get buried in my junk and then go on a bender of digging myself out.

12. March 9, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I used to Scrapbook. I really need to get back into it now that pinterest is around, I am sure I could find some great idea.
    Toni recently posted…Wrapping Up the LISTERINE® 21-Day ChallengeMy Profile

13. March 10, 2014 at 2:12 am

wow, I used to love scrapbooking! I really need to do more of it!
    raijean recently posted…Check out the Trailer for Captain America: The Winter SoldierMy Profile