Let me explain. Near our home there are hog farms, dairies and a mink farm. Turkey dung is spread on the fields all around our house every fall and it smells like death wrapped in rotting dog food and poop. It can get pretty stinky. When the wind is blowing in a certain direction there is no way to avoid getting that smell inside the house, on your clothes and in the car. Thankfully we have one car that stays inside the garage, but the other one is fully exposed.
The week before I received this it had been pretty warm outside and they had just spread a fresh coat of turkey fertilizer on the fields. The odor was so noxious and penetrating it was impossible to walk outside for even 30 seconds without your hair and clothes being infiltrated with the stench. My poor husband had to drive to work in his poopy smelling car and even though it was chilly he drove with the windows down as much as he could.
I haven’t really noticed a change in the smell of the car since installing the car air purifier. It will be easier to tell once the weather warms up a bit and the winds change. It will be then that we will know for sure if the air ionizer really makes a difference.
From the manufacturer:
- Car Ionizer is an innovative patented product that begins its magic as soon as it is plugged into your car cigarette lighter, improving air quality and removing unwanted smoke, odors, pollen,air propulsion, dust and more.
- Known in many cases to benefit sufferers of the following: Allergic Bronchitis Allergic Sinusitis Asthma Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Chronic respiratory tract allergies
- Eliminates generation airborne bacteria by 99%, while providing the activation of the cells of the body and mental clarity.
- Fashionable Unique Design Car Air Purifier with 3,800,000pcs/cm3 Negative Ion
- Product Certifications: CE (European conformity marking that indicates that the product it is affixed to complies with all relevant Europeanhealth safety and environmental protection legislation requirements),FCC (Federal Communications Commission), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- Car-Ionizer uses an electrical charge to produce stream of negative ions which then remove microscopic particles from the air, improving the air quality in your car. An ion is simply a particle that is charged, either negatively or positively. The ionizer creates negative ions which seek out positively charged particles, such as dust, dander, bacteria, pollen, mould, smoke, chemical vapours, and other allergens. Once the positive and negative ions are bonded together, they become too heavy to float, and no longer affect the air quality of the surroundings.