Pudgy to Perfect: Two Weeks Down with Venus Factor Weight Loss for Women

Venus Factor granted me complimentary access to their complete 12 week weight loss system for the purposes of review.

scale-403585_640Losing weight can be daunting, but when it seems to come off almost effortlessly it feels good.  Never in my life have I been able to lose 10 lbs. in little over 2 weeks.  The last time I tried and diet and exercise program I did lose 15 lbs. but it took me 6 months to do it.  Before I could continue on the right path I burned out, got sick and rebounded in the most horrible way.

Through Venus Factor I’m learning that every bite counts.  Eating mindlessly was what was killing me before.  Not eating for my height and frame ruined my chances of success.  In these past two weeks, I have been hungry, light headed, cranky and, well, constipated BUT almost every day I’ve lost at least 1/2 a pound.  The problems I’ve faced were my own fault for not eating the right foods in the right ratios.  Protein, particularly animal protein, is a must for me at every meal to stave off low blood sugar headaches.  No, I haven’t been eating a great deal of sugar lately.  When I get hungry and my sugar drops it’s not fun.

Today I weighed in really thinking that I hadn’t lost anything.  The weekend eat up day was a success, but the next day I ate over my prescribed quota by 200 calories.  It was not a perfect day, but not a total wash either.  I was still 300+ calories below my maintenance calorie level.  Boy was I surprised when I lost another pound and a half from Friday’s weigh in totaling a loss of 10.2 lbs. My waist and shoulder measurements are also both down by an inch!  My husband even noticed the other day that I LOOK smaller!

Saturday, I made a huge batch of Tinga de Pollo, a spicy Mexican shredded chicken dish, that I’ve been using for either lunch or dinner with a huge bowl of salad and a little bit of cheese (I love cheese).  It’s amazing that three cups of Earthbound Farm Organic and Romaine lettuce mixed together is only 20 calories.  No wonder every nutritionist ever and our mothers say to eat your veggies. They take up a lot of room and provide a lot of nutrients in a very light package. I even had room for a couple of corn chips for that extra little crunch and tortilla flavor I love with my Mexican food.  Altogether, the total calories for this meal are 242!  Yes, ladies, that’s less than most snacks!

Here is my recipe for Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo:

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 30 ounce can of diced tomatoes

1/2 a yellow onion diced

3 tablespoons chili powder or hot paprika

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon cumin

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1 jalapeno chopped or a can of green chilies

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.  Set slow cooker for 5 hours.  When done, remove chicken breasts, allow to cool for 5 minutes, shred them with forks, your fingers or chop with a knife into small bits.  Return shredded chicken to pot immediately and stir.  Serve topped with greek yogurt, cilantro and avocado slices.

What I typically serve myself is 146 grams.  It’s enough to just fill a Pyrex 6 oz custard cup.  I highly recommend purchasing a digital kitchen scale which allows you to tare after adding the dish to the scale.  It’s much easier to figure out exactly how much you are eating down to the ounce, gram or milliliter.

I received access to the Venus Factor system for the purposes of review. No other compensation was received. This site makes use of affiliate links. Clicking on these links may result in compensation for this blog.

19 comments for “Pudgy to Perfect: Two Weeks Down with Venus Factor Weight Loss for Women

1. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    April 1, 2015 at 9:59 am

I have never heard of Tinga de Pollo before, but it sounds amazing. I must try it!

2. April 1, 2015 at 10:13 am

That is totally awesome! Keep up the good work and I can’t wait to see the final results!
    Britney recently posted…The Wednesday Roundup #69My Profile

3. April 1, 2015 at 11:36 am

I haven’t heard of this before! It sounds rather interesting though.i will check it out!

4. April 1, 2015 at 1:57 pm

This sounds like a great recipe! I too struggle with losing wright and not consistent!

5. M from K&M: The Stay-at-Home Life
    April 1, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Sounds like a spicy dish! Lots of flavor.

6. April 1, 2015 at 2:53 pm

You have got to love a diet that leaves you full. And that helps you to lose some weight.
    Harriet recently posted…14 ways to make a Margherita Pizza #RecipeMy Profile

7. April 1, 2015 at 2:56 pm

That recipe sounds delicious! Keep up the good work. Calorie counting and exercise can be tough, but the health benefits are definitely worth it!
    Elizabeth Copeland recently posted…Texas Sheet CakeMy Profile

• April 1, 2015 at 2:58 pm

It’s been much easier that there are so many apps and websites available to help calculate the calories in the food you eat. There’s really no excuse for me not to count calories now. Sure beats eating the same thing every single day.

8. April 1, 2015 at 5:12 pm

That recipe does sound really delicious. That’s really low calorie too!
    Liz Mays recently posted…Embassy Suites #PrettyGreat Family Travel Hacks ProgramMy Profile

9. April 1, 2015 at 6:08 pm

I’ve never heard of this dish before, sounds like it works magic! Must look into this, thanks!

• April 1, 2015 at 9:52 pm

It only works magic if you don’t eat too much of it. . . which is WAAAAY too easy to do. Filling up on a big salad or serving it over a big salad really keeps the cravings for seconds at bay.

10. April 1, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Good job–and the recipe sounds delicious. I might have to try.
    Carol Cassara recently posted…Don’t make me come down thereMy Profile

• April 1, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for your support Carol. Please do try out that recipe. Traditional Tinga is made with beef roast, dry chili peppers and fresh ingredients. This is a great, easy, lower calorie option.

11. April 1, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Great work! Making conscious decisions about what you’re eating definitely makes a huge difference. I’ve been working on being more active this year as well.

12. April 2, 2015 at 12:16 am

I’ve not heard about venus factor. But, I agree every bite counts in weight loss. I will have to check this program out.. great review!
    vidya sudarsan recently posted…Living Room Remodels – Before and AfterMy Profile

13. April 3, 2015 at 8:32 am

Congratulations on your weight loss success! This recipe sounds so good. And I definitely need to invest in a kitchen scale.
    Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal recently posted…Talented Tuesday Link Party #22My Profile

14. Natalie
    April 4, 2015 at 1:21 pm

I am looking to lose weight too! I will have to try that recipe.

15. Shar
    April 17, 2015 at 11:05 am

I want to try this recipe but I see that after the first ingredient of 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast….you have 1 tablespoon………??? 1 tablespoon.of what?

• April 17, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Omg, I can’t believe I missed that. It’s olive oil. Thanks for finding that error.